Welcome to The Nurses Page!
Here you’ll find content, resources, and information especially for current and future nurses and anyone with an interest in the nursing profession.
Please join my online nursing community on Facebook.
Sign up to receive my Nursing Connections newsletter. In each edition, you’ll find: Donna’s Book Pix where I review a book by a nurse author; Entrepreneur Spotlight where I feature a nurse entrepreneur; Cool Nursing Web Site; and Nursing News You Can Use!
Also, don’t miss my Nurse-Power! blog, where I post regularly about current topics impacting nurses today.
Guest Blog Posts
- Have we lost our ability (and our sensitivity) to communicate in healthcare?
- Is nursing a profession or a job?
- Are 12-hour shifts safe?
- Does higher education lure nurses away from the bedside?
- Nursing’s future: The door has opened but are we prepared to enter?
- Can a Nurse Be Too Old to Work at the Bedside?
- Are we jeopardizing healthcare’s future by not hiring our new grads today?
- Nursing culture: Time for a paradigm shift
- Nurses and customer service: A new annoyance or an old standard?
- The times – and the nursing job market – they are a changin’
- Uniformity in nursing: It’s about time… again
- Make the Right Impression with Business Cards
- Winning Through Associations
- Steps for Successful Networking
- How Networking Can Work For You
- Why You Should Go Back to School
- Put Your Best Foot Forward for Maximum Impact
- How to network successfully
- Getting the Most from Professional Associations
- Myths about Networking
- Go Back to School and Change Your Life
- How to Get Back to School
- Learn to Speak With Confidence
- Conversational Ice Breakers
- In Search of the Right Mentor
- The Uncommon Handshake (CE)
- Giving A Presentation
- The Making of a Leader
- Listen Up!
- Master The Scholarship Game
- Acknowledge, Appreciate, and Be Grateful
- Moving Past Fear
- To Act or Not – the Decision is Yours
- Excuses, Excuses
- Focus on the Positive
- In Praise of Public Libraries
- High Tech Etiquette
- Seven Strategies for Managing Conflict
- Accepting Compliments
- The Write Way
- Set Goals and Change Your Life
- Develop the Writer in You
- Age is a State of Mind
- 9 Ways Nurses Work for You
- How to Welcome Newly Licensed Nurses into the Fold
- Just a Nurse? No Such Thing
- Promote – Don’t Pummel – Your Profession
- Talk About What You Do
- With Office Politics, It’s Smart to Be Savvy
- Considering Consulting?
- Closing the Generation Gap in Nursing
- How to Run an Effective Meeting
- Nursing and Entrepreneurship: Perfect Together
- Do Nurses Really Eat Their Young?
- Celebrate the Diversity of Nursing
- Harness the Power of the Media
- Dear Editor: Writing Letters to the Media
- Lights, Camera, Action!
- End Workplace Abuse
- First Things First
- This is Not Your Mom’s (or Dad’s) Profession
- In Nursing, Pay It Forward
- Show Support for Military Nurses
- Nurses, Politics, Power
- Get Ready to Relocate
- Foster Horizontal Respect
- “I Save Lives. You?”
- Make the Connection
- Celebrate Nursing – All Year Long!
- Zen and the Art of Nursing
- How Nancy Nurse got her groove back
- Entrepreneurship -The Road Less Traveled
- To create nursing’s future, today’s RNs must look to great leaders of the past
- Time to Refocus Your Career Lens
- Nursing – A New Paradigm
- Ten Tips to Help You Reboot Your Nursing Career
- How to Get the Most Out of Attending a Career Fair
- Career Management Is a State of Mind
- The Value of Volunteering
- Knowing When It’s Time to Move on
- Is Your Career on Target?
- How to Find Your Forte
- How to Resign With Style
- How to Change Specialties
- Picking Up the Pieces of Your Career
- Give Yourself a Career Makeover
- Get the Scoop with Informational Interviewing
- Six Steps to Getting the Most from Your Job
- Gearing Up for Management
- Make the Most of Your Employee Evaluation
- Six Strategies for Starting a New Job
- How to Handle Layoffs
Can This Career Be Saved?
- Retirement. Now What?
- Career Transition
- Working with a Disability
- Reentering the Workforce
- The Entrepreneurial Fire
- New Grad Woes
- Is Retirement an Ending or New Beginning?
- Broadening His Horizons
- Coming Back From the Brink
- I don’t know what I want to be when I grow up!
- Overcoming Obstacles
- Midlife Makeover
Job Finding Skills
- Keywords Are Key To Getting Your Online Resume Read
- Seven Strategies for Sending Out Your Resume
- Resume Writing Do’s and Don’ts
- Resume Writing Tips for Nurses
- Most Frequently Asked Questions About Resume Writing
- Resume versus CV – what’s the difference?
- What Not to Put on Your Resume
- Resume versus CV: Which Is Right for You?
- Seven Myths About Resume Writing
- FAQs About Student Nurse Résumés
Advanced Practice Nurses
Nurses Week Articles
- Volunteering Is Good For Your Health… And Your Career
- 5 Tips to Enhance Your Happiness and Improve Your Health
- Nature Calls: 5 Health Benefits That Will Do Your Body Good
- Aromatherapy: The Hidden Gem of Health Care?
- Why You Should Add a Dose of Gratitude to Your Day
- Easy Ways to Cultivate Good Health in the Garden
- Avoiding Caregiver Burnout
- How to Support Someone with a Serious Illness
- 7 Ways to Advocate for a Hospitalized Loved One
- Helping Kids Cope With a Hospital Stay
- Is Your Diet Soda the Reason You’re Not Feeling Well?
- Gluten Free for Health: Fad or Fact?
- Summer Injury Cheat Sheet
- When Dining Out, Is Ignorance Bliss … or Bad For Your Health?
- Meditation Not Your Thing? Debunking the Myths
- Sun 101: What You Need to Know to Stay Safe This Summer
- Before You Grab That Sleeping Pill…
- 7 Tips for Eating Healthy On a Budget
- Smile: It’s Good For You
- Is Retirement Bad for Your Health?
- Can Too Much Sitting Make You Sick or Worse?
- Write Your Way to Well-Being
- Can a College Degree Make You Healthier and Happier?
- Keep Your Family Healthy This Fall
- 11 Ways to Avert the Flu
- Cold and Flu Home Remedies
- In Sickness and in Health, Animals Really Are Man’s Best Friend
- Lifestyle Changes, Long-Term Benefits
- 5 “Bad” Foods That Can Be Good For You
- You Got to Have Friends to Be Healthy
- 5 Healthy Ways to Start Your Day in 5 Minutes or Less
- Why You Should Organize Your Health Records
- Your First Line of Defense to Prevent the Spread of Viruses
- 5 Myths About Ebola
- Top Warning Signs You Could Be Dehydrated (and Why It Matters)
- Prescription Safety: How To Store and Dispose of Your Medications
- Medicine Cabinet Basics: Your Shopping List