Welcome to The Nurses Page! Here you’ll find content, resources, and information especially for current and future nurses and anyone with an interest in the nursing profession.
Please join my online nursing community at Facebook.
Sign up to receive my Nursing Connections newsletter. In each edition you’ll find: Donna’s Book Pix where I review a book by a nurse author; Entrepreneur Spotlight where I feature a nurse entrepreneur; Cool Nursing Web Site; and Nursing News You Can Use!
Also, don’t miss my Nurse-Power! blog, where I post regularly about current topics impacting nurses today.
Articles – Select a Topic:
- Interviewing Successfully: How to Advance Your Career
- Networking for Nurses: Is It Important?
- Transform Your Practice Through the Power of Words
Guest Blog Posts
- Is nursing a profession or a job?
- Are 12-hour shifts safe?
- Does higher education lure nurses away from the bedside?
- Nursing’s future: The door has opened but are we prepared to enter?
- Can a Nurse Be Too Old to Work at the Bedside?
- Are we jeopardizing healthcare’s future by not hiring our new grads today?
- Nursing culture: Time for a paradigm shift
- Nurses and customer service: A new annoyance or an old standard?
- Have we lost our ability (and our sensitivity) to communicate in healthcare?
- The times – and the nursing job market – they are a changin’
- Uniformity in nursing: It’s about time… again
- Make the Right Impression with Business Cards
- Winning Through Associations
- Steps for Successful Networking
- How Networking Can Work For You
- Why You Should Go Back to School
- Put Your Best Foot Forward for Maximum Impact
- How to network successfully
- Getting the Most from Professional Associations
- Myths about Networking
- Go Back to School and Change Your Life
- How to Get Back to School
- Learn to Speak With Confidence
- Conversational Ice Breakers
- In Search of the Right Mentor
- The Uncommon Handshake (CE)
- Giving A Presentation
- The Making of a Leader
- Pack More Punch into Daily Communication
- Listen Up!
- Become More Assertive, One Step at a Time
- Master The Scholarship Game
- Just a Nurse? No Such Thing
- Promote – Don’t Pummel – Your Profession
- How to Welcome New Grads into the Fold
- Talk About What You Do
- With Office Politics, It’s Smart to Be Savvy
- Considering Consulting?
- Closing the Generation Gap in Nursing
- How to Run an Effective Meeting
- Nursing and Entrepreneurship: Perfect Together
- Do Nurses Really Eat Their Young?
- Celebrate the Diversity of Nursing
- Harness the Power of the Media
- Dear Editor: Writing Letters to the Media
- Lights, Camera, Action!
- End Workplace Abuse
- First Things First
- This is Not Your Mom’s (or Dad’s) Profession
- In Nursing, Pay It Forward
- Show Support for Military Nurses
- Nurses, Politics, Power
- Get Ready to Relocate
- Foster Horizontal Respect
- “I Save Lives. You?”
- Make the Connection
- Celebrate Nursing – All Year Long!
- Zen and the Art of Nursing
- How Nancy Nurse got her groove back
- Entrepreneurship -The Road Less Traveled
- To create nursing’s future, today’s RNs must look to great leaders of the past
- Time to Refocus Your Career Lens-New!
- Nursing – A New Paradigm
- Ten Tips to Help You Reboot Your Nursing Career
- How to Get the Most Out of Attending a Career Fair
- Career Management Is a State of Mind
- The Value of Volunteering
- Knowing When It’s Time to Move on
- Is Your Career on Target?
- How to Find Your Forte
- How to Resign With Style
- How to Change Specialties
- Picking Up the Pieces of Your Career
- Give Yourself a Career Makeover
- Get the Scoop with Informational Interviewing
- Six Steps to Getting the Most from Your Job
- Gearing Up for Management
- Make the Most of Your Employee Evaluation
- Six Strategies for Starting a New Job
- How to Handle Layoffs
Can This Career be Saved?
- Career Transition
- Working with a Disability
- Reentering the Workforce
- The Entrepreneurial Fire
- New Grad Woes
- Is Retirement an Ending or New Beginning?
- Broadening His Horizons
- Coming Back From the Brink
- I don’t know what I want to be when I grow up!
- Overcoming Obstacles
- Midlife Makeover
- Moving Beyond Hospital Walls
- Career Alternatives for Nurses®
- Spreading Your Wings: Career Alternatives for Nurses
- Don’t Compromise, Revitalize Your Nursing Career
Job Finding Skills
- How To Use The Internet In Your Job Search
- 6 Tips for Writing Effective Cover Letters
- Ten Steps to a Successful Job Search
- Job-Hunting Challenges Take Some Troubleshooting
- How to Write an Effective Cover Letter
- Jump-start your job search
- 7 Deadly Sins of Job Hunting
- Corporate Makeover
- Interview to “Knock Their Socks Off!”
- Making the Most of Your References
- Making Your First Impression Count
- How to Negotiate the Salary You Want
- Follow-Up Is Good Form
- Juggling Job Offers
- The Right Approach for the Right Interview
- Keywords Are Key To Getting Your Online Resume Read
- Seven Strategies for Sending Out Your Resume
- Resume Writing Do’s and Don’ts
- Resume Writing Tips for Nurses
- Most Frequently Asked Questions About Resume Writing
- Resume versus CV – what’s the difference?
- What Not to Put on Your Resume
- Resume versus CV: Which Is Right for You?
- Seven Myths About Resume Writing
- FAQs About Student Nurse Résumés
Advanced Practice Nurses
- New Grads: You Can Do It!
- Lean On Me
- Your First Year As a Nurse
- Success Strategies for Students
- FAQs About Student Nurse Résumés
- From Student to Nurse: Six Tips for a Successful Transition
- A Care Plan for Nursing Students: 10 Antidotes for Stress
- New Grad Woes
- New Nurse, New Job Strategies
- Projecting Your Professionalism
- Staying Positive in a Negative World