There’s no question that how you view yourself, other people, and the world around you has a major impact on your ability to be happy and successful.
Unfortunately, it’s human nature to dwell on the negative. We often have negative “tapes” playing in our heads, telling us that we’re not good enough, not smart enough, too old, too young, or whatever the self-doubt du jour is. It’s easy to be negative and unmotivated, but it takes some work to be positive and motivated. While there’s no off button for those relentless “tapes,” there are things that you can do to turn down the volume and shift your focus from the negative to the positive.
- Make a list of life long accomplishments – personal and professional.
- Listen to motivational tapes.
- Read inspirational books, including biographies of people who have overcome great obstacles.
- Surround yourself with positive, motivated, upbeat people. Their attributes will rub off on you.
- Make a gratitude list of everything you have to be thankful for.
Take steps to shift your focus from the negative to the positive. It’ll pay off for you in unexpected ways — when you focus on the positive, that becomes your reality.
©Donna Cardillo. All rights reserved.