I am excited to announce that the long-awaited second edition of my first book, Your First Year as a Nurse – Making the Transition from Total Novice to Successful Professional is finally in print. Today is the official launch date. You can get an autographed copy from my web site at www.dcardillo.com or find it on amazon.com or in bookstores just in time for the holidays!
Survive and Thrive as a Nurse in Today’s New Health-Services Landscape
Welcome to the compassionate and caring world of nursing! You are entering a profession that offers great rewards and endless opportunities. But you must prepare for the challenges ahead and do everything you can to ensure that you experience the best that nursing has to offer.
Get off to the right start in your new profession by learning how to:
• Find the job that’s perfect for you
• Create your own patient-centered style of nursing
• Develop positive relationships with doctors, patients, and other nurses
• Stay positive, deal with conflict and adversity, and avoid burnout
• Network, enhance your education and career, and become a leader
And NEW! to this revised edition:
• Invaluable information about nursing licensure, including an extensive FAQ section
• Discussion of professional issues related to standards of care, nursing ethics, and health-care reimbursement
• Job-hunting challenges and solutions
• Solutions for handling quandaries such as delayed career start, nontraditional practice, and more
• Trends and opportunities for the future of nursing
• A special section for second-career nurses
You can order an autographed copy from my web site at www.dcardillo.com or find it on amazon.com or in bookstores just in time for the holidays!
Thanks to all who helped and supported me through this process!