Making the Transition From Total Novice to Successful Professional, Revised 2nd Edition
Autographed by the author
“Gives the reader an education on what can’t necessarily be gleaned from school in a ‘real life’ format.”
— Arlene Koch, RN – New Hire Support and Retention Coordinator, Methodist Medical Center, Peoria, IL
Welcome to the compassionate and caring world of nursing! You are entering a profession that offers great rewards and endless opportunities. But you must prepare for the challenges ahead and do everything you can to ensure that you experience the best that nursing has to offer.
Get off to the right start in your new profession by learning how to:
- Find the job that’s perfect for you
- Create your own patient-centered style of nursing
- Develop positive relationships with doctors, patients, and other nurses
- Stay positive, deal with conflict and adversity, and avoid burnout
- Network, enhance your education and career, and become a leader
NEW! to this revised edition:
- Invaluable information about nursing licensure, including an extensive FAQ section
- Discussion of professional issues related to standards of care, nursing ethics, and health-care reimbursement
- Job-hunting challenges and solutions
- Solutions for handling quandaries such as delayed career start, nontraditional practice, and more
- Trends and opportunities for the future of nursing
- A special section for second-career nurses
*For quantity discounts or to request a Desk Copy, contact the publisher, Random House, directly at (800) 733-3000
Order now by credit card at 848-241-3166 or click the link below to place your order online.
- $20.00 plus shipping and handling.
- If you would like to order more than 6 books, please call 848-241-3166 about bulk ordering.